"This article has been modified to Heroes WoW server"
High Warlord Naj'entus is the first boss encountered in the Black Temple. He has a very bizarre appearance, and is assumed to be a naga anomaly because of that. The fight is a gear check, requiring high stamina on the whole raid and well-equipped healers.
Attacks and Abilities Edit
- Impaling Spine — Fires a massive spine, impaling the target stunning them for 30 sec or until freed, inflicts any amount of Physical damage and an additional Physical damage every 3 sec until freed.
- Tidal Shield — Immune to damage. In addition, the caster heals for 1% of maximum health every 2 sec for 30 sec.
- Tidal Burst — InflictscFrost damage to all enemies.
- Needle Spine — Fires a needle spine at an enemy target, dealing any amount of damage to the target and an additional damage to nearby enemies.
- Horseshoe Swipe — Inflicts weapon damage plus any amount of damage to enemies 10 yards in front of Naj'entus.
- Double Attack — Attacks have a chance to cause an additional melee attack.
Impaling Spine Edit
Every 20 seconds, Naj'entus shoots a large coral cone at a random raid member. The spine paralyzes and damages its target until it is removed by another player by looting the target. This needs to be done very quickly. It is possible to carry up to five spines in the inventory.
Looted spines disappear when releasing (after a death) or when the encounter is reset.
Tidal Shield Edit
Every 60 seconds (the first time 60 seconds after the pull), Naj'entus casts a Tidal Shield (instead of throwing an impaling spine). He stops throwing needle spines for 10 seconds after casting the shield, but continues to melee. The shield can be broken by throwing an impaling spine looted earlier at it.
Spines have a maximum range of 25 yards.
Since the shield deals any amount of frost damage to the entire raid, everybody must be at top health before the spine is thrown.
Dealing with the Impaling Spines and the Tidal Shield requires good synchronisation. It's a common practise to have one player announce the Impaling Spine targets, and to call for the throwing of a spine when the whole raid is healed. It's a good idea to have one of the raid healers do the calling for the spine throw (because he can call for the spine when the last heal is nearly finished).
|Satchel of Helpful Goods|
|Paladin's Temple Shoulderguards|
|Druid's Temple Mantle|
|Hunter's Temple Spaulders|
|Shaman's Primal Temple Shoulderpads|
|Priest's Temple Mantle|
|Paladin Sacred Temple Shoulderguards|
|Warlock's Temple Shoulderpads|
|Rogue's Temple Pauldrons|